[Coco] Re: Any reason to put a 6309 in a Coco2?

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 10:00:14 EST 2004

Torsten Dittel wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I noticed a much faster Zaxxon emulation on Mocha with this patched
> interrupt handling. Well done!
>
> I like the new Disk features. The next step would be a signed applet
> version allowing to
>
> a) mount a local ".dsk" file
> b) LOADM a local ".bin" file / LOAD a local ".bas" file
> c) SAVEM a local ".bin" file / SAVE a local ".bas" file
> d) any writing operation on a local ".dsk" file
>
> After that I wonder if it is possible to mount/load disk images/files
> from any server in the web. I would then put my complete software
> collection on a server so I could remotely access it from anywhere in
> the world on any computer...
>
> Keep on with this great project,
> regards,
> Torsten

I'm glad Mocha is noticeably faster. I think the interrupt handling
finally obeys all the "rules". I'm kind of surprised that it worked as
well as it did before.

As usual, your suggestions make a lot of sense. I like the idea of
accessing files on other web servers - this would only work with the
signed version.

I have lots of other things in mind as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brad