[Coco] Test

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Jan 6 02:01:55 EST 2004

I once suggested to someone on this list that the HC12
could be used, but I was informed that it lacked certain
registers.  I then suggested that a FPGA could be added to
the circuit so as to add these registers.  I believe the
person I was corresponding with thought I was suggestng an
FPGA version of the HC12, since their next comment was
that Motorola is very protective of the HC12 and would
crack down on any FPGA version.

An FPGA version of the HC12 was not my plan, but instead
an FPGA augmentation of the HC12.  Basically use the HC12
as a core processor tied to FPGA's so as to simulate a
6X09 or   6XXX9 varient.  I don't know how clumsy that
would be, maybe others would have a better idea.

Jim