[Coco] Question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 5 14:32:55 EST 2004

Jarl Andeer wrote:

> Have a question for anyone.
> I have the new Nitro9 running on 6309 emulator and would like to start a VHD
> on the emulator.
> What is the most direct way to create a VHD and boot to it?
> Is it best to place OS9Boot on a .dsk or the VHD?
> What is the best way to include hard disk drivers in
> boot?  -Os9gen? -Kwikgen? Can't cobbler right?
> Realize this is asking for a lot of information. Anything that sets me in
> the right direction would be appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Jarl
> ---

Lots of questions with no easy answers. First you need a DOS that can
access a .vhd disk. Then depending on the DOS you may be able to place a
boot track on the .vhd disk and boot into OS-9 from the .vhd disk. That
will require an OS-9 Boot and hdisk driver that can read the .vhd disk.

All of these things must be coordinated for best results. Your second
questions about os9gen and kwikgen can't be answered without your
decision of a Disk Basic Dos.

There is one possibility on my web site. http://home.att.net/~robert.gault/
Look for RGBDOS in the downloads section.