[Coco] Test

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jan 5 13:56:14 EST 2004

Bill

The real stumbling block is to a CoCo 4 is a chip that will be
backward compatible with the GIME Chip and improved version of
it.

If there is no need to be backward compatible with the Coco 1,2 or 3
then a whole new chip in FPGA could be designed and go one step
further and do the CPU in FPGA. Then you can run the whole board
at around 25Mhz. Used SRAM and/or SDRAM.

I would imagine some backward compatibility to the Coco 3 is
needed as to not have to do major rewrites to Nitros9. Just more
functionality of the GIME chip.

james