[Coco] Please don't laugh :(

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 3 23:10:42 EST 2004

jimcox at miba51.com wrote:

> I lost my notes from my Portal9 debug session with Roger and all my CoCo
> books are buried right now, so could someone please tell me how I can
> get 80 characters across in MESS once I build a project in Portal9?
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

MESS does not care what the width of the Coco screen is set for, only
whether the Coco screen is capable of 80 columns. If you want 80
columns, you should be running the Coco3 emulation. If you want 80
columns in Disk Basic, enter WIDTH80. If you want 80 columns in OS-9,
you will need to be running Level2 and set the window properties for 80
columns by changing the descriptor to match.

Portal-9 also does not care what the Coco width is set for. However, if
you are having Portal-9 start the MESS emulation, be sure to ask for
Coco3 emulation.