[Coco] Bellingham User Group Stuff

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Fri Jan 30 18:50:48 EST 2004

OK...For all those interested I just checked what I have versus what the
last issue of their newsletter says. Apparently I am missing a few disks
because I bought the disk set while the UG was still active and they
ADDED some after that (sigh.) I am missing the following:

Telecom Disk 4, Utility disks 7,8,9 and Word Processing Disks 1 & 2.

I don't think there is anything on them which isn't on rtsi, so I believe
we're OK. However, I do have all the rest and it comes out to nine 720K
disks. Of course, if someone was looking for something in particular we
all know it's gotta be on the disks I don't have. ;-) In any case, I
think I will put these up on rtsi (unless people really want them
somewhere else) even though the whole site is now totally disorganized.
BTW, if anyone has any of the mentioned missing disks please let me know.
I'd like to complete the entire set (good luck.) I'll let you know when
I'm done uploading.

OK, to access these disks do not forget to use the correct device
descriptor (obviously). If you use the wrong one you may be able to look
at the the directories, but won't be able to copy/open anything. This can
lead to alot of head scratching since the directories appear fine.

Also, I have scanned in the entire Bellingham Newsletter set (47
issues...only missing Oct. '94, so if someone has it...speak up) and am
now starting to convert them to PDFs.  Since these are images, the PDFs
will be large (2-3MB) and there isn't much I can do about it. If I
scanned in at a lower resolution the text might be hard to read sometimes
and I plan on doing this only once. If you do the math, it means the
whole set is at least 90MB, most likely well over 100. As Ray Watts
reminded me, the BUG had some good articles on putting a Coco in a tower
case (Towerfest I & II.) I have also completed turning the '92-'96 MOTDs
I have into PDFs.  All coming soon to a download site near you..that is
unless my dialup line explodes
;-)

Dean