[Coco] Nitros9 & Mess

Bill Nobel b_nobel at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:20:10 EST 2004

  Hey all,

  I am trying to setup a Nitros9 system using Mess, but I am getting very
frustrated with the Virtual Disks.  I have a working boot on a 40trk SS
disk.  The drive descriptors in the boot are for 40trk DS disks and a
virtual HD using Alan's EmuDsk.

  I cannot seem to be able to format and disk with more than 1 side all I
get is error 242's for everything I do with the disks (format, copy, dir
etc...) am I missing something??  I followed Alan's instructions for
creating the virtual HD, but cannot format it.  I did jerry rig it to work
by modifying LSN0's density byte to $02 instead of $03.  This allowed me to
format the drive but copying files to it trashes the directory when it needs
to allocate more sectors for the directory past it's default.

Any help is appreciated.

-Bill