[Coco] 6809 disassembler

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Jan 22 03:15:02 EST 2004

I have located a 6809 disassembler and the C source to the same.  It looks
promising but I noticed a flaw already.  Something like JSR [$A002] is
being disassembled as JSR [$A002,X].

This tool uses a .dat file to mark labels, data, and comments, and so far I
have started a test run to disassemble POLARIS.ROM.  I marked a block of
bytes as data and rerun the disassembler, and it worked quite well.  Since
Portal-9 is project-based, creating a disassembly session will be no
trouble at all.

I do see a problem with disassembling LOADM programs.  I don't see an
option to specify a start origin or how to handle multiple origins yet.

Portal-9 will probably use 3 windows to run a disassemble session.  The
binary, the data/label file, and the generated listing.  So far, the
listing has a troublesome left column of addresses and opcodes that doesn't
appear assemblable without major editing.  I wonder what's up with
this?  The whole point of disassembling is so you can make a real source
code file, not a listing.

I found it here.
http://members.aol.com/TimVictor/ostech.html

This will probably have to be an add-in since it's got a copyright on
it.  I can't just take it.  But the whole idea of an IDE is to be able to
use command-line tools, so we're in luck.