[Coco] (OT) Me, too, also, ...

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Wed Feb 25 13:12:47 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Ray Watts

> I envy those of you who can get all kinds of hits with Google.
Guess I don't have the magic touch for the proper word selections.  I
just finished reading a book about the 1883 eruption of Krakatau
(Krakatoa) in Indonesia.  The book had very specific and detailed
written descriptions of geographical locations such as towns and
islands but no decent maps or charts.  I searched Google under  both
name variations and under Sunda Strait, where it is located.  First,
there were no maps of the area except for a detailed map of the
island before and after the eruption.  Second, just about all the
written material was at a level of a grade 6 or 7 composition
research.  Not very encouraging when you consider this was the
greatest natural  disaster in recorded history, and it was well
recorded, verbally, at least.  I don't go to Google often, but when I
do, it usually winds up like that.   BTW - I have 2 atlas' weighing a
total of about 20 pounds and they were of no help either.

Griz

IMDb user comments for Krakatoa, East of Java (1969):-

"Not a bad movie, notwithstanding that Krakatoa is actually West of
Java..."

NM