[Coco] Interbank Incident

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 10:53:43 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/16/04 11:09:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rtaylor at bayou.com writes:

> In
>  fact, none of the graphics/text adventures were solved.  I spent more time
>  programming and I'd play a game sometimes to ease the nerves.
>
>  Kings Quest III was another hit over here and even with a walk-thru, I
>  never did solve it for some reason.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who could never get anywhere with adventure
games.  I remember buying one still-photo graphic adventure, based on Miami Vice
-- can't recall its name now -- where every frame had only multiple-choice
possible answers to each scene.  Nope, never got out of the loop, managed to
drive down he road or something like that but no more.

I always considered writing and debugging your own programs the real computer
adventure -- and you have a real prize when you "won"!

I did mange to get Leisure Suit Larry past the guard and up the stairs, by
tuning in the right channel on the TV.  That felt pretty good at the time!
--Mike K.