[Coco] Re: It's been awfully quite?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 19:37:31 EST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 11:19 pm, David Hazelton wrote:

> I haven't used it, but I believe "GAIM" on linux is gnome AIM.
>
> Again I haven't used it.  I just have it installed.  My linux boxes
> are used as Servers, So I don't connect on line, except updates.

gaim works fine as long as you have an AOL ID.  I've got one as a
subordinate to my wife's AOL account (wdg3rd at aol.com, mostly used as a
junk mail sink), but I use gaim very rarely, as I'm such a lousy and
slow typist and I hate showing that off in real time without a spelling
checker.  It's based on the Gnome toolkit, but like most Gnome apps
runs fine with KDE.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our
homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is
simply a racket.                Major General Smedley Butler, USMC, 1933