[Coco] Re: It's been awfully quite?

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Sat Feb 7 18:59:10 EST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 18:46:24 -0500
  "Ken Carlin" <carlin at nauticom.net> wrote:
>As long as the chat stuff doesn't detract from the
>regular CoCo messages in
>the mailing list and split us all up, I'd have no problem
>seeing it used.
>
>HOWEVER, something in my makeup just doesn't like, trust,
>or ever let me use
>any of the chat-type things out there.  So I hope I
>wouldn't be missing some
>informative bit of CoCo information by not ever
>participating in the chats.
>
>Just my opinion.

Ken:

I agree that the list is the best place to converse for
CoCo related topics, I just threw the idea of using IM's
out there mainly for social chat's between members,
possibly for use at the Fest, or if there is a problem
with the list.  I guess I sort of like the idea of chat
rooms because they remind me of the chat rooms on
Compuserver back in the 300bd days.

James stated he would list his AIM name in his sig, and
maybe that's the best way to pursue this.  Those who are
open to using IM can list their unsername or number in
their sig, and those interested can contact them.

I too was a little leary of using IM, but after about two
years of use, I am "OK" with them, though I do wonder
about security at times.  That's why I lock down
everything.

Jim