[Coco] Re: It's been awfully quite?

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Sat Feb 7 15:17:37 EST 2004

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:01:21 -0300
  "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>Hello jimcox at miba51.com
>
>Maybe this has been suggested before, but how hard would
>it be to set up a
>chat room somewhere. Some groups have them and only use
>them during set
>times. They broadcast the day and hour and all who want
>to participate can.

Richard:

Like Neil said, they can be set up on the Yahoo list, but
this will require using Yahoo's IM, or one of the generic
IM's that have a Yahoo plug-in.  IMHO the best use of chat
rooms for this group would be for special events.  I once
suggested that a chat room for newbies trying to learn
assembly (me included) and someone countered that there is
a better chance of getting help from a list as long as the
more experienced memebers don't digress beyond the scope
of the newbies.

It is nice though just to have a chat with a member one on
one though.

Jim