[Coco] Using that 16/32/64 MB RamDrive.

Paul T. Barton idezilla at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 18:56:47 EST 2004

Gene,
> On Feb 5, 2004, at 6:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
--snipped--
> Can you set it for logical only, with no
> verify?  Unless its
> verifying, which is where the sectors get
> counted up, a logical
> format should only take a few milliseconds.
> It only has to compose
> and write 3 sectors to do that, LSN0 for the
> usual reasons, LSN1 for
> the fat, and LSN2 for the first sector of the
> root directory.
> Everything else gets written as needed
> anyway.

Well, I tried it wirh VFY=1 and with VFY=0,
neither eliminate the upcounting numbers.
I did notice that if the fill size of
/r0 (cyl=F80) is used, the time between
hitting enter and when the numbers start,
is longer.

Still hate to wait 22 minutes for every
reboot, not good.  I may start using
only an 8MB drive for the CMDS directory.

All in all, I'm happy that it works
so well and preserves the data during
reboots.

Paul