[Coco] 6309 microprocessor project 02-02-2004

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 2 20:32:57 EST 2004

I just finished up the bank switching stuff for
$FF40 - banked switched rom/ram. This
completes the memory stuff. This includes
$FF7F Multi-Pak, NoCan 64MB extension
registers, MMU 2MB registers, and $FF40
bank switched 16K/32K rom/ram.

That make two hurdles gone that would prevent
me from changing the emulator into 32-bit 80x86
assembly source code. The 6309 and the memory
is the backbone of our emulator. There are many
more and some very complex issues to confront
though before it is finished. However there is much
more power built into the emulator with the virtual
FFxxH memory.

Since I'm inside of the $FF40 area I'm beginning here
next and I'm going to virtualized it into the default
Floppy Disk Controller driver. I will only support
the header information exactly like in any other coco 3
version of the emulator. No new header information will
be added to the virtual Floppy Disk Controller driver.

John Collyer