[Coco] LINUX for Playstation 2 (was: CCASM for Linux)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Dec 13 22:34:03 EST 2004

Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2004, at 6:24 PM, John W. Linville wrote:
>
> I believe that the only options right now would be to either get a copy
> from soeone who ants to sell theirs, modify your PS2 to not be region
> sensitive, or get a PS2 from a region which is still shipping the Linux
> kit.

While I have not personally checked, others have told me that the LINUX
distributions for the Playstation 2 are readily downloadable from the
Internet.

Most of the newer Playstation 2 systems have network interfaces, and
they are readily availble at the stores, including third party ones.

The other components are available off the shelf.

Theoretically no hard disk is needed as LINUX can use the NFS filesystem.

Now who will be the first to get MESS running a COCO emulation on one?

-John
wb8tyw(at)qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only