[Coco] CCASM for Linux

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 22:24:18 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/12/04 5:01:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
goosey at virgo.sdc.org writes:

Plus, if  you have the separate tools, you can use them for other
purposes.   Make can do all sorts of automatic processing

Right!  At work I used Make to keep hardcopy printouts (back in  the days
when I actually looked at them to make code changes), and Make can also  be used
to automate backups, with its date comparisons (although OS9/68K's  version of
DSave does this pretty well).

Just about any set of complex instructions can be automated with  Make.

I even seem to remember some useful tricks for the C compiler's macro
preprocessor all by itself, on text jobs.  --Mike K.