[Coco] Emulator problems

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Tue Aug 31 23:18:43 EDT 2004

Anybody found a trick to make the 512k emulator work under XP Pro?

I've tried it on 3 different computers, and no matter what memory settings I
give the coco3.exe program, it always opens then closes the window real
fast.
If I run it from a batch file, and put a pause after coco3.exe, I see that
it says: no EMS memory.  Howver I know it's not true, since the mem command
tells me there's about 10 megs of EMS memory.

David, I had issues reading the CDRom as well.  However I'm luckier, only
the
docs directory was unreadable, plus some of the games manuals, but I've got
these games and their manuals in ROMPAKs.

I tried the CD in: CD ROM, CDRW, DVDrom, DVD-RW, DVD+RW drives and I had no
success.
Tony will send me the missing files via email, when he has the bandwidth.

I really wish I could use it, because it's the closest to the real thing as
I've
ever seen (at least from the coco2 emulator).

I hope you have better luck than I did.

-Ben