[Coco] Re: Re: Re: Top Coco games of All-time

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 21:20:26 EDT 2004

> Many times I've defended theorignal Coco "Chiclet" keyboard as the best
ever
> put on any Coco.  Easy to touch type, hard to "smear" two keys together,
and
> now you've reminded me.  That keyboard was RUGGED!
>
> After my son learned to play DoD, I just assumed the A, R, L, N, and B
keys
> would be toast within a week.  Nope, after a few months of that they were
still
> as good as ever.
>
> When my son later took formal computer keyboarding classes at night
school, I
> kidded him that thanks to Stone Giants and Wraiths, he already knew where
> few keys were :-)  --Mike K.

Yes! the coco keyboard is very tough. I remember playing DoD all day and
slamming away at the keys when the action got going.
My father would walk in the room and say "aren't you going to break that
thing, hitting it like that?"

I was always a fan of the wierd low profile keyboard on my 16k coco2. I
played a lot of DoD on that thing.

This also reminds me. The MC-10 keyboard seems to be tough as well. I wrote
several basic games where you would have to beat the
mc-10 in a race, by pressing A and space as fast as you could. It's amazing
all this stuff still works for me as if it was new. :)

Charlie