[Coco] Yet another hurricane....

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 19:05:19 EDT 2004

> >I couldn't help but tell him that cocos were
> >alive and well, but
> >now we save to CD instead of cassette -- but you can use
> >a normal CD
> >player (just as you could have used a normal (e.g.
> >non-"computer-compatible") cassette player...)  I think
> >he may have
> >believed me.  Actually, it's far more likely he thought I
> >was nuts...
> >   Well, time to shut down the computers until the power
> >comes back on...
> >                   - Aaron
> >

> You actually told him you can use a "normal" audio Cd
> player?  Man! That's cold :)

Why's that... you could very easily burn cassette WAV files
to a standard audio CD that the CoCo should be able to CLOAD(M)
from. I've even been contemplating some sort of hack to
allow the relay to pause/play a CD for that purpose.
Of course, the hack would have to be to the CD player. :-\

Bob

PS: Good luck riding the storm out Aaron