[Coco] Antwerp Computer Gebruikers

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Aug 30 19:02:47 EDT 2004

At 08:27 AM 8/31/04 +1000, you wrote:
>I find it interesting that babel fish can't translate 'beetje'. I wonder if
>it has similar problems with other words ending in 'tje'?

None of the translators is really good with these linguistic diminutives. I
keep Systran Personal around for those languages in which I'm clueless but
in which I get a lot of email from my vampire website (Swedish, Russian,
Portuguese and Finnish). I just ran Systran on 'beetje' and it didn't know
it. Nor 'hartje' nor any other '-je' words. But Babylon translator
(word-by-word only, unfortunately) has an extraordinary word base and seems
to find them all.

Dennis