[Coco] I finally got Nitros 3.2.4 to work!

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Mon Aug 30 01:48:09 EDT 2004

> I don't think there is a memory restriction on the size of the bootfile

> other than it must be smaller than $10000 bytes as the size in bytes
> must fit in regD. What are you trying to fit in your boot file that it
> is larger than $8000 bytes?

Hi Robert,
It's not any one single thing. I have problems only when the entire
OS9Boot file is larger than about $8000 bytes, and only when I'm using
rgbdos_boot_scsi512 as the boot file on the boottrack.

> > By the way, just as a status report, I'm also making progress on
> getting
> > the hi-res joystick to work. If I run the program Control from
> within
> > Multi-Vue, the hi-res joysticks start working. Next step is to
> figure a
> > way to get them working upon bootup.
> >
> Level2 or higher can initiate the mouse from the Init file. If you
> want
> a high res mouse on boot, adjust the values in Init.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look into it. I'll see if I
can figure it out. Thanks for the tip!

Fred Provoncha