[Coco] I finally got Nitros 3.2.4 to work!

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 29 23:37:22 EDT 2004

Frederick D Provoncha wrote:
 ><snip>
> Well, except for one little thing. It's minor, really. No one else has
> ever mentioned this problem before as far as I know, but I'm not
> imagining it. The problem is that with the boot file I'm using, there
> definitely seems to be a limit to the size of the OS9Boot file you can
> make. It only occurs when I use 'rgbdos_boot_scsi512' in my boottrack.
> The limit appears to be somewhere just under or around $8000 bytes in
> length. If the OS9Boot file is larger than that, then not all the modules
> load upon bootup. If that causes a critical module not to be loaded, it
> can cause the system to crash. But if it's something insignicant like a
> window descriptor then there may be no ill effects. Has anyone noticed
> this before? Are there any remedies?

I don't think there is a memory restriction on the size of the bootfile
other than it must be smaller than $10000 bytes as the size in bytes
must fit in regD. What are you trying to fit in your boot file that it
is larger than $8000 bytes?

> By the way, just as a status report, I'm also making progress on getting
> the hi-res joystick to work. If I run the program Control from within
> Multi-Vue, the hi-res joysticks start working. Next step is to figure a
> way to get them working upon bootup.

Level2 or higher can initiate the mouse from the Init file. If you want
a high res mouse on boot, adjust the values in Init.