[Coco] The CoCo Cafe meetings

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Aug 26 16:23:05 EDT 2004

At 09:07 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
>Hello Roger
>
>Actually, I was quickly joined by Tim, John and Ben. We had a ten minute
>chat about MS Word & Excel Easter Egg games that apparently went away with
>the newer releases <sigh>. I briefly locked up (30 seconds?), but the
>system finished what it was doing and I was able to continue to function,
>but I couldn't get a response from John (the other two had left by then)
>after that, so I logged off and went to bed 8-).

The entire site experiences a drop in performance at peak
times.  Occasionally there is a lengthy delay between chat refreshes but I
don't see them much.  This doesn't surprise me because CoCo3.com is hosted
on a shared server with probably 255 total web sites.  Also, if the room is
populated, temporary deadlocks are possible.  I'm using deadlock
prevention, but not deadlock removal.