[Coco] The CoCo Cafe meetings

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Aug 26 02:45:20 EDT 2004

At 11:10 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
>Well Steve:
>
>I noticed that you were just on the list, but what was weird is that I
>didn't see your message until I manually reloaded the page.
>
>A slight word of warning to you Firefox users out there that are
>multitasking using the Tab Browser feature.  If you are composing an email
>like I am doing now, and have the chat session open on another tab, every
>now and then, your browser will refresh on you and you may have problems
>typing  such as losing your place in the text (not the best terms, but I
>hope I got my point across)

Yea, it's hard to lurk in the chat room and not be reminded that you are
still there since the window or tab does pop back up.  I've tried to chat
in MSN messenger tonight while the Cafe was running and YES, you will end
up typing into the other program without knowing it unless you're paying
attention (something I hope we all do, anyway).  Blame it on Javascript,
but some browsers are actually nicer and don't really steal the focus from
the entire desktop like I've heard about some doing.