[Coco] I finally got Nitros 3.2.4 to work!

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Wed Aug 25 22:07:48 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 04:16:13 -0500 Mark Marlette <mmarlett at isd.net>
writes:
> At 8/24/2004 10:46 PM -0600, you wrote:
>
> Fred,
>
> Cloud-9 Lab North sent you the disks and they were verified here
> before I
> sent them. Sounds like you have hardware issues.

Yes, I totally agree with you. I believe there is nothing wrong with the
disks you guys sent me at all. I also think it is a hardware problem. My
Coco can't seem to read any 1440-sector floppy disks properly, regardless
of where they came from. I'm not sure why or how though. I'm not so
worried about that problem right now though. I'm just happy I was able to
get access to a working boot disk image using Drivewire. That product has
really come in handy! My goal right now is to get NitrOS-9 3.2.4 fully
configured on my hard drive.

> Use the scripts in the Nitros9/ver0302xx/scripts directory. They
> show
> exactly what is going on and prompt you on how to create a disk.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
> Cloud-9

Okay, I tried the scripts, but the scripts only create a boot disk that
enables NitrOS-9 to boot from a floppy. After looking over the scripts,
it's still not clear to me how to modify them to create a boot disk that
enables NitrOS-9 to boot from Drive 255 of the RGB-DOS partition of my
hard drive. I also still haven't figured out how to modify the scripts to
get the hi-res joystick interface to work. Anyone know? Thanks for your
help. I'm so excited to have NitrOS-9 3.2.4 actually running!

Fred