[Coco] CoCo software, assembly programmers wanted

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Mon Aug 23 22:24:50 EDT 2004

On 23-Aug-04, at 10:09 PM, Mark Marlette wrote:

> Someone here will probably beat me to this project. Too many other
> CoCo projects in front of this one. Hardware talent all around. lets
> get some more software development going!

Well, if someone who's skilled in 6809 assembly would like to help out
with the gcc port, I'd like to get it going with PIC and DP support. No
C knowledge required, I can take care of that end of things. What I'd
like to see is a complete rewrite of that part of the backend (the
assembly generation) to support those two things. Then it'd be easier
to support OS-9, and floating point support would come in with the DP
support (gcc needs many "registers" for its software floating point).

If anyone's interested, give me a shout, either here or by private
email. I can get you started into what needs to be done, and the like.
It'll be good to have someone else on the project. :)

James