[Coco] 3.5" drives

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 22:26:24 EDT 2004

Neil Morrison wrote:

>It's very unsafe to use 1.2 Mb floppies as 360K floppies (5.25") however it
>is generally believed that you can probably get away with using 1.44 Mb
>floppies as 720K floppies.
>
>Look around thrifts, swap meets etc for 720 K floppies. Also, I do see them
>on eBay from time to time.
>
>Neil

You can usually still find boxes of new double-density (720k) disks at
places like Staples and Wal-Mart, however, the cost is $3.00 a box or
 higher.  Besides the places Neil mentioned, I've had good luck in the
office supply sections at various surplus shipment, odd-lot, or whatever
you want to call them.  I just got new Dyson disks in plastic cases for
a buck a box in one of these places.  Around Southern New England
they're called Odd-Job,  Surplus Unlimited, Ocean State Job Lot, etc.

Cheers,  Griz