[Coco] 3.5" drives

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sat Aug 21 12:29:47 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Dessart" <james at skwirl.ca>

> This is all unfortunate. :( I was hoping to be able to use high density
> disks as high density disks. If I can't, I think I'll just stick to my
> 5.25" drives, since I think double density disks are nigh impossible to
> come across.

It's very unsafe to use 1.2 Mb floppies as 360K floppies (5.25") however it
is generally believed that you can probably get away with using 1.44 Mb
floppies as 720K floppies.

Look around thrifts, swap meets etc for 720 K floppies. Also, I do see them
on eBay from time to time.

Neil

floppy density problems).

---