[Coco] LCD panel

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Aug 21 09:44:52 EDT 2004

Mike

The Oki MSM6522 is a specific chip designed to drive monchrome
graphic LCD panels. It is  not a microprocessor in the sense of the
6809 etc.

It is an interface chip that takes data from the say the 6809 and
feeds it to the display. From a properly selected clock, it will
generate all the s yncs and pixel clocks and output it to the LCD
serially,  in 4 bit mode or 8 bit mode. It is the big brother of the
44780 LCD driver chips.

james