[Coco] again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 11:53:14 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/19/04 1:40:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdaggett at gate.net writes:

> I would not recommend using 1 F caps other than for short term
>  data retention in SRAMs. Maybe in very low frequency filters. Not in
>  the Coco.

One Farad caps are often used today in place of rechargeable batteries, to
back up CMOS RAM data for periods of days or even weeks.  Since the working
voltage is only 3 to 5 range, they are small.

I do think the original poster was joking :-)  A 1F cap filter would maybe be
useful in long-term seismographs -- maybe.  --Mike K.