[Coco] again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 17:22:30 EDT 2004

Yes, used monitors (and other used stuff) can still be found, but an
old, heavy monitor of 1980s technology is still an old, heavy monitor
of 1980s technology that is also going to die sooner or later.

The RGB-A to VGA adapter solves alot of problems -- like buying a
larger monitor than what they made back then (17" for $99 new, for
example, compared to the CM-8 for $300) or flat panels, etc.

Amiga users, Atari Jaguar users, and other systems all used RGB-A.  It
seems arcade hardware did this too?  What all used the RGB-A video
similar to the CoCo?

I note my Sony Trinitron (same type used all over Disney and other
theme parks -- industrial display) has RGB-A input for CD-i machines
and such, so it would work (but it's freakin' huge).  So I suppose
there were industrial things (arcade machines?) that used this type of
setup.

     -- Allen