[Coco] Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 15:18:19 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 07:52, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> One problem is that in small quantities, color TFT LCD panels are still over
> $400. Any attempt to do a protable laptop type Coco3 would put the product
> probabliy in the $800 range.

If it ran on regular AA, C or D batteries and had life in the range of a
Model 100 (20 hours) I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I loved programming my
Coco.

Today I do all my 8-bit stuff on a Tandy 102 laptop because I can put it
away when I'm done. There's too much stuff hanging off a coco + monitor
to really be able to play for short periods of time and then put it
away. Maybe repacked into a tiny form factor box like my Shuttle XPC,
but I'd still rather have some type of laptop.

Plus figure a willingness to overpay by about 30%, consider it the
nostalgia factor.

-- John.