[Coco] Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Aug 19 10:52:06 EDT 2004

Allen

I have a LCD panel that was part of some samples that were being used in a
project at work and it was a monochrome 640 x200 TFT panel. Monochrame
TFT in 640x240 are still available. Color TFT is getting  hard to find. Color
panels now are almost always 640x480 and higher resolution.

One problem is that in small quantities, color TFT LCD panels are still over
$400. Any attempt to do a protable laptop type Coco3 would put the product
probabliy in the $800 range.

Allen if I remember correctly the monochrome TFT panel in the Pagewriter
2000X is quarter VGA and cost in 100K per yr unit cost of around $25 each.
The OS9 version in that unit is a variant of OS9 68K. Boots from flash. I
remember talking to a one of the software engineers and they had to do a
bunch of major tweaks to get it to work properly.

But gee it would be nice to think of  one.

james