[Coco] Script errors (was: coco chat)

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 11:37:21 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/18/04 2:44:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rtaylor at bayou.com writes:

> I think one cause of server-side script errors is because the server
>  condition is highly unpredictable, especially a shared server with 255 web
>  sites.  With Javascript that runs from the client-side on the web pages,
>  I'm not sure why an error would occur unless it's a newer version of js
>  running on a browser that can't interpret it correctly.

Now that you mention it, I have no idea whether the errors are at the server
end or my (client) end.  Can one tell from the error message?

My own HTML writing is very simple, read-only stuff -- no form entries or CGI
code.
The only deficiency I've noticed in my Linux distro's Netscape is that it
doesn't recognize the code for the Trademark (TM) symbol, ampersand-trade-colon.
But then, I've never run Netscape on the Web, just used it to proof my own
HTML pages.
--Mike K.