[Coco] about those memory capacitors...

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Aug 15 13:22:56 EDT 2004

Bob

You should not experience any major problems leaving them out in
128K configuration.  The RC network on the RAS/CAS lines are
there more to reduce EMI radiation than anything else. For the
512K board the caps have to be removed as they  present to much
capacitance with board strays and input capacitance from 16 chips.
If left in for the  512K board the memory may not work well in high
speed mode.

Leaving them out with the 128K configuration just shifts the cutoff
frequyency upward of the pole that the RC network presents for EMI
suppression. Basically if you can live with a bit more radiated
harmonics off of the RAS and CAS lines, then leave them out.

james