[Coco] about those memory capacitors...

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 19:04:15 EDT 2004

I have two CoCo3's (in use) and one 512K memory upgrade. If I move the 512K
board to the other machine, what happens if the capacitors removed (C65 and
C66) are not replaced when going back to 128K? Would it be okay to solder in 2
pin headers and attach the caps like jumpers?

This is just until I can afford another upgrade or get my own working right,
but I would like to be able to use it in both computers. How reliable are the
sockets under repeated use like this?

TIA,
Bob