[Coco] Re: Re: Nitros9 Startup Problem

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Fri Aug 13 07:17:32 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 6:13 PM, Charlie wrote:

> Hi. Boisy.
>
> I tried the script as you posted and it works great. I get the 3, 80
> collum
> windows and a VDG window just like I want.

In another post that I read this morning, you said that sometimes it
doesn't work.  Is that the case?

> However, there is still the issue of getting the error #184.
> View 4.4 gives this error.
> The game Smash gets this error. Thexder the screen clears and returns
> to the
> shell prompt.
> Like I said in another post if I boot Nitros9 with ONLY a Term window
> everything seems to work fine.

What window are you forking these programs from when they fail?  Surely
not TERM, because all three programs run fine on the V03.02.04 system I
test on.

I have a suspicion that this problem is a shell+ issue.  Rename
cmds/shell to shellplus and cmds/shell_21 to shell, then reboot and try
the tests to see how they work.

Boisy