[Coco] Re: Nitros9 Startup Problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 12 00:22:27 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:
> I left out a line in the startup file.
>
> link shell
> load ultipak 1
> wcreate /w2 -s=2 0 0 80 24 00 02 02
> shell i=/w2&
> wcreate /w3 -s=2 0 0 80 24 00 02 03
> shell i=/w3&
> xmode /w4 par=1
> shell i=/w4&
> merge /d0/sys/stdfonts
> merge /d0/sys/stdpats_2
> merge /d0/sys/stdpats_4
> merge /d0/sys/stdpats_16
> merge /d0/sys/stdptrs
> display 1b 32 0 11 33 2 1b 34 2 c
>
> this makes the system lock up as I said earlier.
>
 ><snip>

There are several problems with your startup file. Starting with the
simplest and going to the hardest:

current                         correct or better/works
xmode /w4 par=1                  xmode  /w4 pau=1
display 1b 32 0 11 33 2 1b 34 2 c  display 1b 32 0 1b 33 2 1b 34 2 c

many merge statements
                    chd sys
                    merge stdfonts stdptrs stdpats_2 stdpats_4 stdpats_16
multiple wcreate statements in file
                                  wcreate -z
                                  /w2 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
                                  /w3 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 3

                                  * The above blank line is needed
                                  shell i=/w2&
                                  shell i=/w3&

If you don't like wcreate which is quirky, just use
display 1b 20 ... >/w#