[Coco] Does NitrOS9 limit apps to =<64K?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Aug 11 03:46:14 EDT 2004

>From: David J Bush <twixt at cstone.net>
>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:37:33 +0000 (UTC)

>I'm not talking about the size of the object code. I mean
>giving the app access to as much of the full 512K (or 2M)
>as possible, for data.
>
>Is it possible for an app to send a request to Nitros9
>to gain at least partial access to the MMU? Something like
>"I want to use N 8K pages of physical memory" and Nitros9

Sure.  That's what ftdd (part of VRN) does.  VRN is a replacement
kernel module for Sierra's VI (virtual irq) driver, and SubLogic's
FTDD driver.  It's a standard part of NitrOS-9.  You'll want the
actual package, it's on RTSI, mainly because it includes docs and
sample source.

Do note, however, that FTDD doesn't do ALL the work for you.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko