[Coco] Re: NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Aug 10 15:16:45 EDT 2004

Charlie,

Should work under both. All of my testing has been under NitrOS-9. Do
yourself a favor and jump 20 years to today and use NitrOS-9. Night and day
difference and with the SuperDriver package and NitrOS-9 03.02.04 there is
no need to create device descriptors. The OS does it for you! Plus the new
format command, excellent work! Plus many other features that standard OS-9
can't do. Plus the speed enhancements. NitrOS-9 is avaialble in 6809/6309
versions.

Regards,

Mark

>Mark, Is the SuperIDE with compactflash supported under Tandy OS-9 or is
>Nitros-9 required?
>
>Charlie
>
><mmarlett at isd.net> wrote in message
>news:4118f996.8d.0 at cpinternet.com...
>Nick,
>
>As far as the floppy goes. As Mike pointed out on the location of your
>floppy drive. Keep in mind that the CRT is a huge magnetic field and the
>floppy's head/disk/ribbon cable could be induced with outside EMI. When
you
>turn your monitor on the degaussing coil REALLY emits! You can say why
does
>it work in RSDOS then???? Eliminate the issue till you have this resolved
>and functional. Then relocate and see if the problem reappears. Basic
>troubleshooting applies here.
>
>What kind of errors are being reported from the format of the disk? Please
>provide descriptor/dmode settings and the actual error(s) being reported.
>Need more to go on rather than the same problems are still present. I have
>probably configure well over 75 new coco systems with complete setups.
>NitrOS-9 works on NTSC systems! I suspect hardware problems or PAL timing
>issues??? Other thing to watch out for is that DECB formats SSDD 35
tracks.
>NitrOS-9 will do DSDD 40T, watch the media that you use to make sure it is
>certified as such. The people are here to help you out and work through
ANY