[Coco] CoCo chat

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:19:46 EDT 2004

Robert Emery wrote:

> I keep checking in and hardly seeing anyone in Roger's chat rooms on
CoCo3.com.
> Probably just my bad timing, but I know Roger is needing a lot of us to
hit it
> (preferably at once) and do some beta chatting and bug reporting so he can
get
> it working smoothly. Do we need to set up a schedule or something?

There is a set "schedule" for a CoCo chat gathering using the Delphiforums
venue, there have been only 2 or 3 events... the last two weeks I have not
seen anyone go near the CoCo chat room at Delphiforums
(http://forums.delphiforums.com/cocosig/chat), I think it is most a matter
of timing, followed but the somewhat closed-environment requirements of the
Delphiforums site, it is a java based application and not every web browser
likes what gets thrown back by the server, and you have to tweak your
security settings just to be able to use the conference room. I think that
Roger's chat facility is a welcomed option, should be less demanding on
browser settings at least.

The schedule for the Delphiforums CoCo chat was set as every Wednesday (or
every other Wednesday in a worst case scenario) at 10pm Eastern Daylight
Savings Time (EST), that way it'd be easier to accommodate people in the
West coast and still not too late to connect from the East coast... thinking
only about mainland users - if there were any other CoCo nuts from around
the world... well, we did not hear from them before but they'd be most
certainly welcomed!

The sessions we had were very open, no specific topic was set, for one thing
it was a great experience to be talking about the CoCo again "live" and with
some of the people that saw it happen (the birth of the CoCo) and supported
it in the early years. Will gladly do it again :-)

> I was always an isolated CoConut until I found the online community in the
late
> 90's. Now I feel like a starving man who finally arrived at a restraunt
just as
> they are closing.

Know what you mean... starting this year I moved to "central" New Jersey
near Princeton and New Brunswick... these two places hosted Rainbow Fests
that drew thousands of people in the early 80s... those WERE the days huh?,
and I got here just to the right spot CoCo-wise but 20 years later....
bummer! ;-)

Shall we meet at CoCo3.com chat room this upcoming Wednesday at 10pm EST
(Aug 10 2004)?.

I'm game.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-