[Coco] Speed up and slow down POKE

Larry Osborne larrybo at idirect.com
Mon Aug 2 20:52:45 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Osborne" <larrybo at idirect.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Speed up and slow down POKE

OOPs.  I will really have to proof read before sending off.  The corrected
version is as follows:

 Whole memory (always works on a CoCo 3 - may fail on a CoCo 1 or CoCo 2)
     Speed up (double speed) POKE 65497, any digit
     Slow down (normal speed) POKE 65496, any digit

 Half Memory (RAM double speed -bottom half of memory; ROM normal speed -top
 half of memory)  ( Works on all CoCo's but of limited use on a CoCo 3)
     Speed up (double speed) POKE 65495, any digit
     Slow down (normal speed) POKE 65494, any digit

 0 was the normal digit used but the digit had no real effect, rather it was
 the POKEing or writing to the location that had the effect.