[Coco] Way off topic - that laptop with no memory

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Mon Aug 30 15:10:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

	Some more details on that laptop. The base unit has 4M
(8 1M x 4). I have two memory cards, one with 24M (in two
banks 16M + 8M) and one with 16M (in one bank). If I under-
stand memory controllers (which I don't), they deal with
memory in banks. This laptops chipset appears to me like
it can handle at least three banks (the two on the 24M card
and the one on the system board).

	The 16M card has 8 4m x 4 (LGS gm71v17400). But it has
pads for eight more chips. What are the odds if I can find 8
more of these that they will work?

					kevin