[Coco] More on the "Peritel CoCo2"

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Aug 29 16:06:09 EDT 2004

I think I understood the signals coming out of the CoCos Peritel
connector (this is the view on the soldering side of a male Mini DIN
plug for that connector):

  1   2   3
  o   o   o
 4         5
 o   [ ]   o
    6   7
    o   o

DIN       PERITEL
1 - Blue  -  7
2 - Audio -  6
3 - Green - 11
4 - CVL   - 20
5 - Red   - 13
6 - GND   - 17
7 - 12 V  -  8

CVL = Composite Video Luminance (black & white picture only)

Inside the Peritel connector there's a 550 Ohm resistor connecting pin 8
with 16: this input has an impedance of 75 Ohm so there's a voltage of
1.5 V present. The 12 V at pin 8 is selecting "AV" as video source, the
1.5 V at pin 16 is selecting "RGB" as a video source.

My Commodore 1084S accepts either H-Sync and V-Sync separated or
Composite Sync on its 9 pin D-SUB connector. I guess I have to add a
"Sync Stripper" to my cable to get the C-Sync (e.g.
http://www.homecinemapage.de/sync.htm ). I hope it can be driven by the
12 V coming out of the CoCo. Most TV sets capable of RGB input have this
Sync Stripper included and use the Composite Video to generate the
H-Sync and V-Sync.

Regards,
Torsten