[Coco] chat rooms

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Aug 4 01:12:12 EDT 2004

Ok, I found out what corrupted the log file several times.  It was people
using spaces in their names.  I have since put a filter in that replaces
spaces with underscores and now the log file can be parsed correctly.  The
file-locking mechanism was also improved earlier today.  I'm still seeing a
few exception errors occuring during the room message dump routine, but I
should have that fixed soon.  Right now, I am still testing the concurrency
control.  I won't know if it's working right until a load of chatters are
present.

So, once again, here is the link to the work-in-progress, The CoCo House
chat rooms
www.coco3.com/cgi-bin/chat.cgi