[Coco] [Color Computer] Looking for the MAS/EDT editor/assembler for CoCo

David Bush twixt at cstone.net
Tue Aug 3 17:09:54 EDT 2004

MAS/EDT was an excellent editor/assembler package from Tom Mix
software. MAS stood for Macro Assembler. Besides macros, it also had
all sorts of assembler directives (pseudo ops) and options to set. For
example it would check to see if your code was position-independent or
not. It would warn you if you use a branch instruction longer than it
needed to be. It supported use of local labels. It provided a symbol
table on assembly if desired.

Actually, I have MAS. I'm looking for EDT. EDT had many nice features
I haven't found in any other editor for the CoCo. It came with its own
font set for the screen, 53 columns by 24 lines. (It was never
optimized for the CoCo3, unfortunately.) It had its own disk driver;
you could customize the access speed for your diskette drive. EDT
integrated well with MAS. Local labels could be generated
automatically. You could switch between editing and assembling quickly
and easily. EDT kept the line you are editing in the middle of the
screen, which I find much easier on the eyes than looking at the
bottom all the time. (You could change the options so that you edit on
the bottom if you prefer.) You could tell it to automatically load the
same source file when you start it again.

This is NOT the rompack EDTASM, nor the disk version of same, nor is
it Cer-Comp's EDTASM3. Does anyone out there have it? Please email me
at twixt at cstone.net I would be glad to pay you for it. I am also
looking for the manual which came with it.

Thanks very much for your time!

David

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM