[Coco] Server upgrade cost: We're done

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Thu Apr 29 20:17:22 EDT 2004

At 12:57 PM 4/29/04 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
>So, there's actually spam messages being posted?  Does this mean that
>spammers are signing up on the list and attempting to send before being
caught?

No, they're not signing up. That's a two-step approval procedure. They're
just trying to send to the list, and the bounces automatically come to me.

Once in a while you'll see a post forwarded from me as an "auto discard
notification". Those are real messages I rescue from list members who
happen to post accidentally from a different email address, and get bounced
to me.

It's infrequent, and since I'm on broadband, I'd rather have the spam pass
through to me than to have a post discarded from a legit CoCo user!

Dennis