[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Lower case

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Apr 26 10:33:50 EDT 2004

> 10 CLS:for x=32 to 255:printchr$(x);:next
> 20 POKE 359,57
> 30 FOR X=0 to 255 step 8:POKE 65314,x
> 40 PRINT @ 0 ,x;:INPUT "",X$:next
> 50 POKE 359,&H7E

> Actually, what is line 20 for: disable print vector ??? [1]

The problem is that each return to the command prompt (and this could
include the INPUT prompt in line 40) will switch back to a standard
SCREEN0. Doing the POKE359,57 will disable this but some other things to
(things timed by the 60Hz interrupt like SOUND and Disk I/O). You can
undo this by POKEing359,126 again. If you want to program in BASIC with
the changed video mode you have to patch the ROM or write new RAM hooked
screen routines.

Torsten