[Coco] Re: kevin darling?

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Fri Apr 23 22:44:18 EDT 2004

In article <40898560.11312BF at hypersurf.com>,
kevdig at hypersurf.com says...

>Hi,
>
>        I have that. It looks like disassembler output. I don't think
>I have enough smarts to be able to figure out how this thing works from
>uncommented disassembler output.
>
>        Also, if this is disassembler output, which version? The driver
>disk I have has a bunch of different versions on it.
>
>                                        kevin

If it's the sdisk driver, it was disassembled with a 6809/6309
disassembler, which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem, but since
the driver had embedded text and/or data tables, the disassembler
misinterpreted those areas and turned them into a mix of fcbs and
6809/6309 instructions!  These areas should be recoded to show
the actual usage, but it's mostly a squeaky wheel issue.  That's
also why the code is uncommented, unlike the sdisk3 drivers.

It should be assembled with a disasm-compatible assembler such
as NitrOS-9's native ASM which can handle 6809 and 6309 code.
The current version should work for this.

-Rodney